Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Traffic Lights


Seeing that part of our map would be near a round I thought it would make the map more realistic by adding traffic lights. By manipulating a few cubes and cylinders I was able to create the shape you can see here. It was fairly simple to create so it didn't take that long to complete.
With help from the internet I was able to find a few images that would help me texture the model. By editing the images I found on the internet I was able to make this very realistic texture for my 3D model. The only part that isn't textured from using an online source is the poll itself which I simply just painted grey using Photoshop's paint tool.

To make the 3D model even more realistic, I decided to add the traffic light button panel as well.  By using the internet I was able to texture this panel with an actual picture of a traffic light panel, and then by using Photoshop I was able to line up the texture and the model so when I did apply it in Maya the texture made the model look realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment