Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Newspaper Dispenser

Here is a 3D model of a newspaper dispenser that I made. This screenshot shows the model without its texture. All I did to make this model was to create a polygon primitive cube and then manipulate the vertices to get the shape you see here. By using reference images off the internet I was able to create a very typical shape for the dispenser.




Here is the model after being textured. This process first started out by editing the uv's so each side of the model corresponded correctly. I then took a snap shot of the uv's into Photoshop, where I edited different images from the internet in correspondent with the snap shot of the uv's. I then saved this image and applied it to the model, to get this finished textured model that you can see here .



Here are the textures I made for the model. I also created a yellow and a red one by adjusting the hue/saturation in Photoshop to change the colour of the texture. This means when this model gets implemented into the engine the designer can create multiple objects which would vary in colour making it more realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment