Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Bridge

Here is a 3D model of a bridge that I made in Maya. By using image reference I was able to create a very realistic looking bridge by simple modifying three polygon cubes to the shape u can see here.  To make it easier for the designer and myself, I tried to make the bridge very generic so to make the model a lot more versatile, meaning that this bridge could be used as either a train bridge or a highway bridge.


By using the reference images I was able to find suitable textures for the model. Most of the images I had sourced contain pictures of bridges that had an Iron frame around the bridge, and from the help of the internet I was able to find a suitable texture for it. I also found a seamless brick texture for the supports and a concrete texture for the actual bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment