Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

Modelling (Week 3-4)

Because UDK has a very limited array of assets, I decide to create a few models in Maya which I would need for my map, a few examples are:
  • Prison Cell Door
  • Basketball Hoop
  • Bleachers (Bench)
  • Table
These models would be fairly easy to make so I got straight to it. Here are screenshots of my Models before and after they are textured.


Here are the screenshot for the prison cell door which I created in Maya. This model was fairly easy to create. It is composed of a simple cube which had manipulated to make the basic frame shape. For the bars I used basic cylinder and changed the shapes properties to make a long skinny cylinder for the bars, I then duplicated the cylinder multiple times and positioned them at equal intervals. I also used a simple cylinder to make the hinges as well. The only problem I encountered was when I was creating the key hole but I overcame that by simple working at it, but it did take me a while to finish it. After I had completed the model I then applied a basic metal texture to the whole model to finish it off.

 

This model was the easiest to create, as it was simple comprised of just a cylinder, cube and a pipe. All i did was modify the dimensions of each shape and positioned them to form the model u can you see here. I then Edited the UV's and textured it using images I found on the internet.


Here is the Model of a bench. This model was really easy to do at it was just two cubes. With the first cube I simple extruded it and modified to make the metal from which will hold up the wooden planks. The other cube was then modified into a plank shape and I then simple duplicated the plank five times and positioned them in relation to the metal frame. Once I had the shape right i them using a simple wood and metal texture which u can see above here.

No comments:

Post a Comment