Pages

Sunday 28 April 2013

Project Production (Week 3)

During this week I started developing my map in UDK. At first production was very slow due to the fact that I had not used UDK in a good few months, but after re-familiarising myself with the software my map gradually began to take form. I did come across a few problems because I had either forgotten a process or how to use a specific tool or feature, for example I had forgotten how to texture the terrain using the terrain tool. But these issues were easily overcome from the help of peers and tutorials from YouTube.

I also started creating a few models which would be used in my map. I started modelling a prison canteen table, prison cell gate, bleachers and a basketball hoop. These were fairly simple and easy to create, but took up a lot of my time because I wanted to get them finished and ready to be implemented into my map. I tried to finish these as quickly as I could but by the end of the week I had still not finished them meaning I was behind already,  to try and overcome this I used the weekend to get them near finished and ready for texturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment