Pages

Friday 19 April 2013

Map Desiging (Week 2)

I decided to make my map based on the prison from the TV series "The Walking Dead". I first gathered a variety of different reference images, some which were of the set from the show and others from actual prisons. By using these different images I was able to sketch out a few basic plans for my map.



















Because I had a lot of reference I was able to come up with two basic plans for the map, to make the map easily recognizable i decide to base the map primarily on the show, as this one would be more well known and familiar, the first sketch is more accurate to the show and the second had hints of both the show and the comics. I decided to go with the one more accurate to the show, as this one would be easier for players to recognize and identify as.The purpose of these sketches is just to layout the map and position were each building will go. This will help me when creating the map in UDK.

No comments:

Post a Comment