Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

Project Launch (Week 1)

In our project launch we were briefed on that our final project will entail. We were told that we would have total freedom with this project and that we get to decide what kind of thing we would be doing for the next 6 weeks there were, however there were a few things which we would have to do to cover the last two units, Unit 4 and 5. These included creating our own personal brief and project management e.g. creating a timetable and tracking our progress.

Too decided what I would do for this project I created a small spider diagram which you can see above here. This spider diagram details the different subjects, software, and work I could create for this project. I really struggled at deciding what to do, because I wasn’t sure whether to create a 3D model or create a map in UDK. I finally decided to create a map because I thought creating a map would be the best way of showing off my skills. After deciding this I then had to come up with an idea for my map, and the first thing that came to mind was a TV show called “The Walking Dead”. This gave me the great idea of creating a map based on the Prison in the TV show. I thought that by creating this map it would give players the opportunity to step into and explore the world.

The brief was fairly easy to do as we were given a template by our tutors. This template contained most of the information already and all I had to do was personalize it to my own personal project. To track and manage our work we were told to keep a log of our progression throughout our project either by use of a timetable or some other means.In the brief  there was also a basic timetable, on the last page. I used this to detail what I would be doing each week and what I hoped to achieve at the end of each week.  Once I had finished the brief I then uploaded it to Moodle to be marked

To track my work even further, I also used Google Calender to make a day by day timetable, which will detail when I start and finish a specific task. Hopefully by following the calender and the timetable I will hopefully be able to manage my time effectively to complete all work before the deadline.




 








No comments:

Post a Comment