Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

Project Production (Week 6)


By the end of week 6 my map was nowhere near complete and still needed a lot of work. I believe due to me being overly ambitious and prioritising my models over my map, I will be unable to submit a finished product by deadline. I feel that if I had a lot more time I would be able to finish the map to a very high standard but unfortunately I have ran out of time and will be unable to meet the deadline. But I am planning to continue developing the map and track my progress in this blog. Although my map is not finish, I do believe the work which I have done is to a very good standard. I was able to create a few models which looked very good and create a small portion of my game map to a very high standard.

As the project comes to a close I look back and realise there are many things I would change and improve on, for example I should of chose to do modelling or a map and not do both or team up with someone to do either the map design or the modelling for me. I also wish I had maybe chosen a different topic to base my map on, as I think the prison from “The Walking Dead” was to ambitious, I should have realised early on that a project like that would take me a lot longer than 4 weeks to complete. I would also try to manage my time better. I would also priorities the most important aspects of the project, because I concentrated more on my modelling and less on my map, I wasted a lot of time, time which could have been spent on developing my map more. By the end of this project I had most of my work completed and all I have left to do is to edit a few blog posts and submit a few reports to be marked.

No comments:

Post a Comment