Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

2D Game Project

In our new project we were briefed on what our next project would entail. We were told that we will be assembled into groups once again and create another game, but this time in a 2D format. Because of this change it meant the designers in our class would be using a brand new software package called Construct 2, which is a game engine designed specifically for the creation and development of 2D games. As our fist task for the project we were told we would have to create a mood board composed of a variety of pictures displaying the kind of game we would like to create. We were also told once we had created this, we would have to present it to the class along with our ideas and thoughts on the game we would like to create.


Here is my mood board as I was quite unfamiliar with 2D games I decided to compose my mood board of the few games I had played such as Limbo, Rayman Origins and Abe's Odyssey. I also decided to add in other games such as Fez and Braid wish had a specific artistic style which I found very appealing. luckily i was able to find a group before the presentation which consisted of me, Chris, Connor and Musa. Because of this we were able to come up with a few initial ideas for our game which we presented together. For our presentation Chris had created a short power point document which detailed out initial thoughts and ideas such as a basic plot, theme and colour scheme. This representation can be found on IBM on our Group page. In addition I was a bit disappointed at first because I would not be using the new software package, but I could always download this software at home and practice using it in my own time.


No comments:

Post a Comment